Welcome to New Hampshire Family Ties. Learning that your child has a disability and/or special medical needs can be challenging. Living with and embracing these challenges is a journey you will take as a family. As a parent, you will have questions and concerns about coping with your child's needs as well as your own feelings. You are not alone and you may want the support of others.
New Hampshire Family Ties offers:
- Emotional support, insight and understanding for parents when they learn their child has special needs, or when their child may be going through a transitional period
- Parent Matches between Supporting Parents, who "have been there" with referred parents of children with special needs (medical, developmental, emotional, learning)
- Information and Referral to community resources, services, support groups, state support programs, and others
- Training for parents who would like to become volunteer Supporting Parents
- A state-wide network of regional Parent to Parent coordinators
The purpose of this website is to provide a channel of support for parents of children who have special needs. Although medical information may be shared, it is not the intention of this site to become a substitute for our physicians. It is important to remember that you should never change your child's treatment without first consulting your physician. Any medical questions and concerns should be discussed with your child's physician.
Funding for this website is provided by New Hampshire Family Ties. There is no membership fee to use any of this website's services.
The material within this website is not public domain and cannot be used for other purposes without the consent of the author. The author's email address is provided within each submission.
New Hampshire Family Ties respects and upholds the confidentiality of visitors to this site and the information that they submit.